Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trying to Forget to Remember

Once again I start my journey. As my feet hit the ground, I wonder how long it's going to take this time... How long it's going to take to lose myself in the concrete How long it's going to take to forget everything; Losing my thoughts in my head to the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground. The sweat on my brow, the sun on my shoulders, and the wind on my face; Trying not to remember why I decided to run away, and yet letting it fuel the fire that pushes me further. Once again I find myself running away... I find myself searching for another answer in the sun and trees. Just trying to lose it all in the racing of my heart. As I round another corner, turn another bend, I find myself going home. All I can think about is the rush of water and the smell of soap. Trading my baggy shorts for a soft clean towel, and letting it all melt down the drain. I put my shoes back in the closet with one less problem resting on their soles.

No comments: