Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gravity


A man once sang, "I'll never know what makes this man, with all the love that his heart can stand, dream of ways to throw it all away."

I can't help but feel compelled to write, and then you hear that "twice as much ain't twice as good, and can't sustain like a one half could. It's wanting more that's gonna send me to my knees," and I feel compelled to cry.

The "gravity" of this song hits home for so many of us who have our hands full, and yet we still want more. The honesty in the lyrics sends a heartbroken message of a man fighting with himself to preserve what he has and to avoid temptation by shining a light on it.

I love this song not only for that honesty, but also because I can feel the emotion that is in the chords and the lyrics. It is a song that will echo in the minds of everyone who hears it and it's painful story of a man's realization.

No comments: