Thursday, April 2, 2009

En Fuego

Razors cut deep into flesh, but my cuts from your words lay deeper in my soul and I fear they might never heal. I've been put on more than one block,and now I know that yours will be my last. I will not stand for it any longer, therefore, I bid you a farewell. A farewell that will be as eternal as the words spoken by Jesus on the mount. They will live in infamy, resting in your mind as it tries to comprehend how something so perfect could end so quickly. You have always been on the throne, but now you are only the king of a broken kingdom and a burnt heart. I am not going to crush you like you crushed me; instead I will watch from a distance as you destroy yourself. Your blood will not stain my hands, but the throne you clung to so tightly. You were so afraid of losing your "power," that you lost it all due to your greed, and were betrayed by your own pride. Your blood will flow of your own accord, but only after the guilt has eaten you to a hollow shell. You will sit on your broken kingdom and wander your empty halls, trying to connect the all too many dots that foretold your grief. The pain and lonesomeness will consume you like a wildfire, till all that remains is the ash of a once great fool. As you burn, call out my name as I did yours. Call for me in the darkness as burn. Burn for me, like I once burned for you.

No comments: